Thursday, November 6, 2014

A servant's heart...

When I was little, adults would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up...

I remember wanting to be a doctor, dolphin trainer, an architect, and a truck driver (Smokey and the Bandit was the current hit)  Later, I just said..."I don't know, I just want to help people."

The doctor idea stuck.  Then, in high school, I had the opportunity to work in the athletic trainer's office after school.  I immediately fell in love with the energy and the environment of the boy's locker room.  Snicker all you want, it never occured to me that there were half naked football players, just people who needed my help.

I wrapped ankles mostly, but Mr. Lucchetti, the AT, let me try all of the modalities available to us at the time.  I iced new injuries, placed heat on old injuries, stretched what was tight, and strengthened what was weak.  I got to spend every football games on the sidelines instead of the stands.  I was 15 and 16 years old.  I was in love with the job.

I wanted to be an Athletic Trainer for the NFL.  It was the 80's.  When I went to college, I was told in no uncertain terms that women would never be welcome in that environment at the professional level...I should consider something else.  I believed him.  It was a crushing blow.

I changed my emphasis to fitness, which was a very young concept at the time.  I loved it.  I stopped smoking, I stopped drinking, I started eating healthy, and I graduated at the top of my class.  Since then, I have helped thousands of people get healthier.  I taught them exercise could be fun, and a club could be a place where they belong.  I was doing what God put me on this Earth to do.  I never made much money, but I have no regrets!  From 1986 - 2009, I worked in the fitness industry.  Manager, director, trainer, instructor, mentor, therapist, and salesman...I held every title.  It was dynamic, and it was a blast!

Now, my emphasis is nutrition.  Healthy food that tastes great.  Products that turn back the hands of time, and give people an energy and vitality that they thought was gone.  Joints that don't ache, bones that won't break, visceral fat that disappears...an absolute gift beyond measure.

Isagenix has given this old girl a chance to keep helping others.  In many ways, much more profoundly.  Nourishing cells, and giving the body a chance to do what it does best...HEAL!

I will spend the rest of my days helping anyone who wants it.  The blessings are countless, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones.  There wasn't ever a question as to my purpose in this world.  I am grateful beyond measure for the opportunity to keep on sharing the Good News of health and to teach people how to really LIVE rather than just exist.

Be well, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment